opinions please, 60 year old runner, training at 30- 50 miles per week. would like to try carbon plated shoes for;
1. high performance training runs
2. 1/2 marathon & marathon races?
Thanks, very helpfulHi @Mikey58,
@imnothammer said it perfectly. Personal preference is a big part of it. Just based on the two factors you input above. I'd say that there are three really solid options (other than the Nike VaporFly NEXT% which is arguably the best Carbon Plated Racer on the market).
- Saucony Endorphin Pro (or Speed)
- The Pro is one of our favorites here at RW & one of the top sellers in the category (so, other runners are loving it too). The Speed may be the breakout shoe of the year. So, if you want some of the performance with less of the price tag, it is a great option.
- adidas Adios PRO
- The Adios PRO has been a great addition to the Carbon "Plated" Racer line-up. It has some unique features that make is stand out among the Carbon category. Unfortunately, we are all but sold out of our first batch.
- Hoka One One Rocket X
- I found the Rocket X to be provide really solid performance for the price point. It is one of my go-to shoes for getting some of that Carbon Plate responsiveness without worrying about needing to replace something super pricey.