Suitable replacement for Skechers GOrun Razor 3 Hyper

Hi all,

I LOVE these shoes! Perfect amount of cushioning that allows a good feel of the road! And LIGHT!! I got them on sale for $99.00 and am looking for some more, however, the only ones they have are not my price range. (they are $135.00) Can anyone give me some direction in getting something fairly comparable? Perhaps a Gorun 7+?
Thanks!
Jake

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I LOVE these shoes! Perfect amount of cushioning that allows a good feel of the road! And LIGHT!! I got them on sale for $99.00 and am looking for some more, however, the only ones they have are not my price range. (they are $135.00) Can anyone give me some direction in getting something fairly comparable? Perhaps a Gorun 7+?
Thanks!
Jake
@Yakie58,

Welcome to the TR Community!

I love the Razor 3 too. It is still one of my go-to shoes. Below is a list of potential replacements. I've tried to keep to around $100.
  • Saucony Kinvara 11
    • This is a great all around shoe. The downside to this versus the Razor are twofold: Weight, & foam. The Razor is incredibly light. These aren't heavy, but they aren't nearly as light as the Razor. Regarding the foam, the Razor has what we've been call a "super foam" in the shoe. The Kinvara feels good underfoot, but it doesn't have the same bouncy that the Razor does.
  • Hoka Rincon (v1 or v2)
    • The Rincon will be closer to the Razor in terms of smoothness & weight than the Kinvara. However, the foam does not have the same underfoot experience. I'd say that the feel underfoot may be a little further away from the Razor than even the Kinvara. Please don't get me wrong. I do like the Rincon. It just doesn't have the "Bounce" of a Razor 3.
  • Skechers GOrun 7+
    • The GOrun 7+ is close in terms of pure specs (with the exception of weight). However, I haven't run in this particular model. So, I cannot say how different it will feel versus the Razor 3. I'm tagging in @RW Staff 2 (Connor) who has tested this model.
  • Skechers GOrun MaxRoad 4 (+ or Regular)
    • This is a bit more of a bonus shoe. Depending on your size, you may be able to find a great deal on these. I love the underfoot feel of the MaxRoad shoe. It reminds me of a more cushioned & flexible Razor 3. Personally, I had some trouble with the upper in these. However, Connor & several other runners I know had no issues.
I hope this list helps!

Justin
RW Staff