Selfie Stick

Looking to do some video recording of my runs and my journey to a marathon but curious if anyone had a recommendation for a selfie stick. I have an iPhone (not max) and not a GoPro (not yet at least).

Let hear and thank you?

Gooood question... I have no personal experience with this and most of the blog discussions I am coming across (which seem aimed towards taking the perfect running selfie for instagram) discuss how hard it is to take an action shot with an in-hand selfie stick. Maybe look into a gimbal/stabilizer device? They're a bit pricier but I suspect you will get a much nicer end product.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/the-best-gimbals-for-your-iphone-gopro-and-camera
(The FeiyuTech Vimble on this list seems to be a selfie stick/gimbal combo)

Another suggestion may be to reach out to a smaller youtube producer and ask them what their set up is. I am sure most folks would be happy to discuss their setups.

Also, if you are going to use a selfie stick during a race, please be incredibly mindful of your other runners. I ran the Tokyo Marathon back in 2019 and the first kilometer was so difficult to traverse because, on top of all of the ordinary crowding, people were blocking the route trying to get pictures of themselves...

Thanks for the reply! I will look into the gimbal/stabilizer device or maybe just pull the trigger on a GoPro Max.

I have no desire to run a race with it but that is good advice for those that wish to. Respect the fellow runner. ✌🏼

Good luck on the build up to your marathon!

It took a while, but I made the transition from a 400m runner to a marathoner and (after swearing I would only ever run one) I completely love it. I am scheduled to run my fourth, fifth, and sixth marathons later this year. Do you have a first race in mind yet or are just getting started?

Good luck on the build up to your marathon!

It took a while, but I made the transition from a 400m runner to a marathoner and (after swearing I would only ever run one) I completely love it. I am scheduled to run my fourth, fifth, and sixth marathons later this year. Do you have a first race in mind yet or are just getting started?
Three races this year!
1. Berry Half Marathon in March
2. 4 mile trail run in June
3. Local Marathon in November (over 1k of elevation- I did the half last year)

I’ve got that itch to see what my limits are...
Love to qualify for Boston and then do a 100 mile one day. It good to dream right?