running and illness

I could not find the answer on the forum, so I will ask it myself. Do you continue training if you get sick? I feel fine, but I have a slight fever. It might be better for me to stop running, but I need activity in the meantime. I'm thinking of replacing it with walking for now.

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I could not find the answer on the forum, so I will ask it myself. Do you continue training if you get sick? I feel fine, but I have a slight fever. It might be better for me to stop running, but I need activity in the meantime. I'm thinking of replacing it with walking for now.
@DavGraves,

This is an interesting topic and quite tricky (in my opinion). That trickiness is compounded considering the current pandemic.

We have an article on this topic here. I will give my 2 cents for your particular situation (granted, I am not a trained medical professional). I'd recommend resting. I cannot say what the state of quarantine or the pandemic is in your particular area, but I would err on the side of caution. That way you won't have to worry about spreading (whatever you have) or worsening symptoms. If you have a treadmill indoors, it might be worth doing some light walking to keep yourself active. However, I'd be cautious with exerting yourself. Personally, I have difficultly not running or working out in some way. So, I understand how challenging it can be to actually rest. You'll be back at it in no time though! We hope you feel better soon.

Justin
RW Staff

I would say if you don’t live in an urban area and can avoid people go for a nice walk get some fresh air. However given these times if you can’t avoid people it’s your responsibility to stay in. Take care of yourself.