Pre and Post Run Food

runLB

I'm definitely in the "empty stomach" camp here for pre-run food. I run in the mornings and unless it's a race, I don't eat before I run, even for 20+ mile long runs. Post run, either normal breakfast or for really long runs, whatever sounds good (I eat pretty healthy in the first place so "whatever sounds good" is going to be healthy).

If I run in the morning I usually just have a cup of coffee and maybe a handful of nuts.
But post run I’ll eat anything and everything. Sunday after my long run I got a DQ blizzard and hotdog and dipped the hot dog in the blizzard and ate it (yes it was disgusting).

imnothammer

If I run in the morning I usually just have a cup of coffee and maybe a handful of nuts.
But post run I’ll eat anything and everything. Sunday after my long run I got a DQ blizzard and hotdog and dipped the hot dog in the blizzard and ate it (yes it was disgusting).

And I was beginning to think I was the only one who eats nothing but garbage calories after a run - hah! There are plenty of actually decent pizza places around me but a domino's pizza is a post-long-run guilty pleasure of mine.