Nike Vaporfly NEXT% 2 Release Date

Running Warehouse,

I have seen some press releases from Nike about these and have heard there were some limited releases of the NEXT% version 2. Do you have a date of when you will have these available for release (or pre-order)?

Thanks!

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Running Warehouse,

I have seen some press releases from Nike about these and have heard there were some limited releases of the NEXT% version 2. Do you have a date of when you will have these available for release (or pre-order)?

Thanks!
Hi @PEG,

Great to hear from you!

I'm seeing a date of 5/13 right now. I believe the original date was meant to be earlier, but it was pushed back due to shipping delays. The date could move (it seems many dates are pliable right now). However, that is what I have as of today. Apologies I cannot be of more assistance.
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

Hey Justin!

Thanks for your quick reply! I will keep an eye out for them around that date then. I’m not in a major rush. I got accepted into the Chicago Marathon and was thinking about my race day footwear options :)

we're gonna have a lot of options by the time chicago happens..asics, new balance, skechers, puma, adidas; oh my! better start saving up!!!
Yea - I think the hardest part will be holding off on impulse buying something. There's a Breaking 2 Colorway that's been teased for the VFN%2 that I would love to pick up but I am really interested to see how the Asics Metaspeed lines fares.

For the time being I have a pair of Alphaflys that I am going to start breaking in around June and hopefully those will hold me over to the fall.

Last edited:
The ASICS Metaspeed Sky looks awesome! It so far is the only one close to tempting me away from Nike. I’ve run many good races in the Vaporfly 4% and tried some other shoes like the Endorphin Pro. I’ve enjoyed most of the shoes I’ve run in but the Vaporfly has still been far an away my race day choice. The Alphafly vs Vaporfly debate is always interesting and Ive been curious to try the Alphafly. I love the “falling forward” geometry of the Vaporfly. I know the NEXT% is slightly lower drop than the 4% at 8mm but that is still more than the Alphafly and Metaspeed Sky. Obviously the drop isn’t everything but I guess the NEXT% 2 is a little more familiar so gives me some confidence that it will work well for me.

@PEG yea I have the Endorphin Pro as well, which I love, but it doesn't hold a candle to Nike (I have 500+ miles on a pair of 4%'s and 0 miles on a pair of Alphafly's, yet to try the NEXT%). I really love ZoomX foam.