New Garmin 945 LTE

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
True, Garmin knocked a couple of mm off the overall width and slimmed down the bezel, but it's not really noticeable. The big hero with this watch is the LTE functionality for LiveTracking, messages, and emergencies. It also features an upgraded heart rate monitor and automation around intervals and "open repeats". For more info and a full list of features, check out our product page:

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Garmin_Forerunner_945_LTE_GPS_Watch/descpage-GFR945L.html

-David

Such a bummer that Apple effectively kneecaps the entire fitness wearables industry by crippling cellular messaging. I *have* to be available 24/7/365 due to the nature of my work. That leaves me with three options:
  1. Carry my phone
    • Never fun when it's 95 and humid, so I just want to wear split shorts and nothing else, or an arm band, or a spi belt, etc
  2. Wear an Apple watch on one wrist and Garmin on the other
    • Redundant and annoying, plus this encourages user confusion by constantly forgetting which wrist to look at
  3. Wear only an Apple watch
    • Suffer the consequences of inaccurate distance, pace, etc.

Such a bummer that Apple effectively kneecaps the entire fitness wearables industry by crippling cellular messaging. I *have* to be available 24/7/365 due to the nature of my work. That leaves me with three options:
  1. Carry my phone
    • Never fun when it's 95 and humid, so I just want to wear split shorts and nothing else, or an arm band, or a spi belt, etc
    • Redundant and annoying, plus this encourages user confusion by constantly forgetting which wrist to look at
Door number 1 isn't so bad! Much like you I hate having extra things on me but shorts+spibelt+phone really isn't too cumbersome/inhibiting.

Unfortunately the heat actually usually forces me to carry more (Nathan hydration belt instead of spibelt).

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Door number 1 isn't so bad! Much like you I hate having extra things on me but shorts+spibelt+phone really isn't too cumbersome/inhibiting.

Unfortunately the heat actually usually forces me to carry more (Nathan hydration belt instead of spibelt).
Agreed! I'll use the Naked Running Band for most of my runs but have been loving the Salomon Sense Pro Pack as an alternative.

1. Carry my phone
Consider, however, that the Apple Watch is a superior fitness watch to basically all others on the market.