New Balance RC?

Widefeet

Runner
I'm interested in trying out the RC or TC. To accommodate my wide feet I sometimes can get away with using a men's size 7 rather than a women's 8.5 wide. It seems like men's of both RC and TC have dried up. Is there a new version coming? Or a restock? Any sizing advice for someone with wide paws (I heard the TC can run wide but am skeptical). Thanks!

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm interested in trying out the RC or TC. To accommodate my wide feet I sometimes can get away with using a men's size 7 rather than a women's 8.5 wide. It seems like men's of both RC and TC have dried up. Is there a new version coming? Or a restock? Any sizing advice for someone with wide paws (I heard the TC can run wide but am skeptical). Thanks!

Hi @Widefeet,

Welcome to the TR Community!

We will have more TCs & RCs coming. They have been pushed back from their planned initial dates. The TC is looking to be coming in around May/June now (it was March). The RC Elite is estimated to arrive in late March to early April. I wouldn't be surprised if these dates were shifted again. Unfortunately, we've seen significant supply chain issues from several brands. I will note here that there is supposed to be an RC Elite v2 that will launch towards the end of this year...

I think you have the right idea for sizing. I have a slightly wider right foot. So, I can get an idea when something fits a little more narrow. I felt like the RC Elite was a bit more narrow than I'd like for longer runs. It is a great shoe (don't get me wrong). It just has a snugger toebox than I'd like. The TC is a shoe that I haven't personally tried but have heard the same as you. My understanding is that it has a more forgiving fit. This isn't surprising as it is a "Training/Competition" shoe vs. the Racing nature of RC Elite. I'd lean towards the TC, and if you want to ensure you have a substantial amount of width, grab a men's 7.
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

Widefeet

Runner
Thanks for the quick response! I totally understand shipping is overtaxed. My shoe obsession is the least of anyone's problems, just happy to hear more are coming. I order a women's 8.5, men's are totally out of stock. I could get a women's 8.5 or a men's Saucony speed. Any thoughts on how the width would compare?

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member
We were able to pull the RC Elite, FuelCell TC, and Endorphin Speed to compare sizing. The RC is snug, the TC substantially wider in the toe-box, and the Endorphin Speed similar width-wise, to the TC. Both the Speed and TC should give you the width you are looking for.

The TC is the heavier of the three but offers a squishy, soft, bouncy run. The TC is a great training shoe for faster long runs when you are looking for comfort with some bounce. The Endorphin Speed is lighter and more responsive than the TC, even though it has a nylon plate versus a carbon fiber plate. So, to summarize, we believe that the RC would be too narrow, the TC the most comfortable everyday shoe, and the Speed a good option as an everyday and race day combination.

Greg
RW Staff

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the quick response! I totally understand shipping is overtaxed. My shoe obsession is the least of anyone's problems, just happy to hear more are coming. I order a women's 8.5, men's are totally out of stock. I could get a women's 8.5 or a men's Saucony speed. Any thoughts on how the width would compare?

@Widefeet,

I'll call it "our" shoe obsession, because we can definitely relate. Thanks for understanding on shipping. Hopefully, things will change for the better soon!

Greg is spot on (From my experience). I am a big fan of the Endorphin Speed. So, I would definitely consider it in your mix.
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

I have both the speed and tc...I would recommend the speed due to it being a smoother ride because of the rocker/softer plate and it’s weight. I think both should be fine in width. I like the TC but can be unstable at times and can feel the weight. Also the Speed is available now in awesome colorways!

I have worn out my speeds (600 miles) and will probably use the TC in my half marathon race in March because I’m not looking to buy any road shoes right now (too much $$$). After March, it’s back the trails till July. Then marathon training.

I guess what I am saying is speed is slightly better but both a good choice ?

Widefeet

Runner
Thanks so much for the info! Do you think it's true that the TC or Speed could work in standard width for me? I have one foot over the line on the measuring device, some standard shoes feel OK (on the other hand some wide shoes are tight). The big dilemma is that I can order the Speed in mens 7 (which should be the same as womens 8.5 wide but is only sometimes the case) but the TC isn't available in mens. I can get both in womens. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the info! Do you think it's true that the TC or Speed could work in standard width for me? I have one foot over the line on the measuring device, some standard shoes feel OK (on the other hand some wide shoes are tight). The big dilemma is that I can order the Speed in mens 7 (which should be the same as womens 8.5 wide but is only sometimes the case) but the TC isn't available in mens. I can get both in womens. Thanks!

No one says you can’t return them ?

Order the speed in men (sometimes women shoes have different stack heights and tuning of the shoe) and if you like it keep it. You will also know you can fit in the TC if you want to try a carbon plated shoe. Just know that training in a carbon shoe is not the best. This is why the speed is more bang for the buck. Race and train.

If it’s not right running warehouse has an amazing return policy. They want to make sure you are happy with your purchase.

Just my recommendation, hope that helps.

Widefeet

Runner
Thanks! I got the TCs, they are not for me. The width in the toe box is good. In the midfoot my arch is hanging over like an unsupported suspension bridge. I might try the Saucony speed.