Need a wide Altra Torin 4.5 - no luck finding one online? (I know they exist - my current pair is wide!)

Loved my pair of Altra Torin 4.5 running shoes -wide width. (I think they were plush, too) Got them at a store in town about 6 months ago. Time to get some new ones as I can tell they are wearing out. Store doesn't have what I need anymore, and can't find any online that are wide - only medium! Do they make them anymore? If so, can you tell me where to find them? These are the best shoes ever, (but I have foot/toe problems and I need wide!!)

Thanks.

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Loved my pair of Altra Torin 4.5 running shoes -wide width. (I think they were plush, too) Got them at a store in town about 6 months ago. Time to get some new ones as I can tell they are wearing out. Store doesn't have what I need anymore, and can't find any online that are wide - only medium! Do they make them anymore? If so, can you tell me where to find them? These are the best shoes ever, (but I have foot/toe problems and I need wide!!)

Thanks.
Hi @Dothorne,

Welcome to the TR Community & thanks for the question!

I've passed this along to our Altra footwear buyer to inquire about this. Our system doesn't show that we've ever had wides available in the Torin 4.5 . However, he & I are digging into this further.

Would you be able to take a snapshot of the tag (showing size & width) & another picture of the shoe overall, please? I'd like to reference the specific color to what Altra has in their internal system and see what I can find!
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

Hi @Dothorne,

Welcome to the TR Community & thanks for the question!

I've passed this along to our Altra footwear buyer to inquire about this. Our system doesn't show that we've ever had wides available in the Torin 4.5 . However, he & I are digging into this further.

Would you be able to take a snapshot of the tag (showing size & width) & another picture of the shoe overall, please? I'd like to reference the specific color to what Altra has in their internal system and see what I can find!
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff
Thank you, Justin! I went by the shoe store where I bought them awhile back (they don't have them anymore) and asked them if they knew why I couldn't find a "Wide" online? The manager told me, "Oh, that W (on the inside of the shoe) doesn't stand for "Wide" - it stands for "Women"! (I felt really foolish! Who knew!?? So, sure appreciate your willingness to help, but problem solved now! Thanks again! dorothy

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, Justin! I went by the shoe store where I bought them awhile back (they don't have them anymore) and asked them if they knew why I couldn't find a "Wide" online? The manager told me, "Oh, that W (on the inside of the shoe) doesn't stand for "Wide" - it stands for "Women"! (I felt really foolish! Who knew!?? So, sure appreciate your willingness to help, but problem solved now! Thanks again! dorothy
Hi Dorothy,

I'm glad you were able to find an answer! We were looking everywhere for information on this and coming up empty handed. I was worried we wouldn't be able to find a solution for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

I've attached a link to our Altra Torin page in case you are still in need of a pair.

Justin
RW Staff