Is anything not cancelled? Where are you racing this fall?

Where are you racing this fall? I was signed up for Indy Monumental and it was cancelled.

I'm in the best shape of my life and I have no races on the calendar, looking to peak for a November marathon.

Jammasta

Runner
Hoping for Wellington (NZ) on the 30th of august, then Auckland Marathon on the 1st of November. Re emergance of COVID in the community puts both at risk of course.

ehanneken

Runner
Here in Columbus, Ohio (US), the running group I'm part of has organized a private half/full marathon on November 15. They're going to start runners in small waves, and hand out bottles at the water stations.

Reactions: Tom

Pmicek91

Check out runningintheusa.com.

This website will at least give you races that have not canceled yet. The links to their race webpage, where you can stay up to date on whether or not the race is going virtual.

I picked a couple of races that span a few weekends and I train accordingly.

Best of luck

Check out runningintheusa.com.

This website will at least give you races that have not canceled yet. The links to their race webpage, where you can stay up to date on whether or not the race is going virtual.

I picked a couple of races that span a few weekends and I train accordingly.

Best of luck
At least for California, most of the races listed in runningintheusa are cancelled. They seem to leave up 20+ cancelled events for every one that may still be on. In southern california, some socially distant events are being put on by caren warr events and abetterworldrunning.com . They operate in Orange and LA county areas I believe. I'm doing some of them as they're the only events I know of closer than utah. By the way, there are some races happening in Utah on saturdays lol.

Tom

JV
I’m racing against my local competitors in low-key 5-10 man time trials once or twice a month. It’s been fun stuff.

The local marathon in my area — RIchmond, VA — wasn’t cancelled per se, but modified beyond the point of being worth racing.

— route changed to a paved trail out’n’back ?
— have to carry your own water
— less competition (10 day period to between 8-5, runners start whenever)

Luckily the organizers let us defer until next year. Still going to continue my training block and peak for a marathon time trial in November though.

imnothammer

I know it is a controversial race series but, that aside, Revel Mt. Charleston just sold out a very limited race field of 262 runners for an early December marathon.

RunTommy!

Varsity
Running the Lakeland 10k in November. It's not cancelled, but they took a race that is normally several hundred runners and the field is limited to 77 people. I'll take it. Just want to do some real racing. I've been doing Strava segments "races" with a buddy of mine on Friday mornings for a few weeks. But Strava is tough to find a segment that is a good distance, with most of the segments being joke half-mile or 3/4 mile jaunts.

vento

Sadly, it seems that the only events happening right now are smaller races. What's crazy to me are the events set for Spring 2021 that are already canceling.

Tucson held its first in-person race this past weekend, with great safety protocols, all went smoothly, and now Pima County is allowing other races to go forward. Trail race in Catalina State Park in late September, half marathon out by Old Tucson Veterans Day weekend, and so far the Tucson Marathon and the Oracle-Catalina 50k are scheduled to run (Dec. 5).

karenf

I'm (hopefully) running Monument Marathon in rural Nebraska on September 26. I think they have a pretty good chance of making it happen. They are not sold out, but they have put a cap on the number of entries for the first time ever. It's going to take some travel to get there, but I think that's partly why they have a better than average chance of actually holding the race.

Andrew A.

Pacer
Nowhere. I'm entered in CIM and plan to take a deferral if they do not cancel. Though I do not judge anyone else's choice, I have family and will not be taking undue risks of exposure to infection. I generally love races and the race atmosphere (which is a mere shadow of its former self currently) yet I do not miss racing that much. It feels a bit freeing to do greater variety of physical play in and around the mountains where I live, so I'll take that. It's fun to use fitness to climb 14ers, mountain bike, etc.

run_INXS

Runner
Hi Andrew! I started up a three race virtual series for masters teams this summer and that wraps up on September 13. It was supposed to be just a two race team challenge between our main rivals (commemorating Bolder Boulder and Peachtree road races), but our team coordinator wanted to expand it to other teams. So now we have about eight or nine teams participating and a two page rule book! Way too officious for me and glad it's wrapping up.

Meanwhile, did a trail/mountain half a few weeks ago and planning on another next month, socially distanced with wave starts and small fields. Karenf had considered Monument Marathon but by July decided against it (half maybe, if it's still open). I'll be looking for some other challenges in October or November but done with virtual racing this year after next week.

Btdemers

Where are you racing this fall? I was signed up for Indy Monumental and it was cancelled.

I'm in the best shape of my life and I have no races on the calendar, looking to peak for a November marathon.
Race in DC 12/5 with some spots left if you are interested. 2.62 mile route, repeat 10 times. Bring your own bottles. 3:00 cutoff