How Running Shoes Should Fit

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Buying shoes online can be difficult. It's hard knowing what to get, what size you should order, and how a running shoe should fit compared to your everyday shoes. Our experts put together this guide to help you find the perfect shoe. Topics include:

• Measuring your foot size:
  • Getting Your Shoe Size:
  • Make Sure Your Shoe Fits Right:
  • How Lacing Techniques Can Affect Your Shoe Fit:

Read our advice here.

What do you look for in the fit of your shoes? Have you ever had an issue with the fit of your running shoes? Comment below and share your experiences!

Tyler
RW Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked a similar question, but here is much more information. Any advice on how to buy shoes online? It's a quarantine now, so hard to buy it offline. I want my shoes to be comfortable, for long-term use, because I often wear them for several months.

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @DavGraves

Thank you so much for reaching out! There are several things that you can do to help to make a shoe selection over the internet. First is figuring out what features you want your next shoe to have (more cushioning, wider toe box, narrow toe box, more responsive, etc.). This will help narrow down models for you.

Once you have that, our website features a shoe finder tool on the front page's left-hand side. Here you can input the specific features you want, and our website will generate recommendations that fit those characteristics.

As you go through the list of shoes generated from the Shoe Finder, read customer reviews, product descriptions, and even take note of the name to see if any shoe reviewers have shared their thoughts on the product.

If you get to the point where you cannot decide, or you feel like you would like more information, you can call our customer service team at 800-606-9598. We are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-8:00 pm EST. Our experts will be happy to provide you more information and make recommendations for you based on your preferences.

I hope this helps! I know it isn't easy right now to find the right pair of shoes without trying them on. We are happy to help in any way we can.

Tyler
RW Staff