Garmin down again!

Mach

Runner
Went for a run this morning and realized my activity wasn't syncing with Garmin nor Strava. I look at the Garmin Connect app on my phone and see, "Sorry, we're down for maintenance. Check back shortly." :mad:

I can't log onto garmin.com as well. So, is this another ransomware attack? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Fortunately, I know how to manually upload my activity to my Strava account. I was looking forward to Garmin's replacement for my Forerunner 645M. However, I think I'm done my Garmin. They can't get their act together!

Time to do some research on Coros, Polar and Suunto!

Tom

JV
So Garmin isn’t allowed to maintain their servers anymore? They’re back up, it was maintenance.

Edit: it’s down for me too now. Still, maintenance is normal

Last edited:

Mach

Runner
So Garmin isn’t allowed to maintain their servers anymore? They’re back up, it was maintenance.
Of course they are. However, they should proactively communicate this to their Garmin community, especially after the recent ransomware attack.

Tom

JV
[QUOTE="they should proactively communicate this to their Garmin community, especially after the recent ransomware attack.[/QUOTE]
Agreed

Alex

With the millions Garmin makes from the ridiculous prices they charge there is absolutely no excuse why I can’t have my devices sync flawlessly. This is absurd, I’m currently looking for other alternatives.

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member
@Mach I experienced the same issue with my 945. I ended up not using my watch for the run and used my phone with its Strava app while the maintenance was going on. Depending on what you are looking to get out of your watch, there are several other brands that are great alternatives and may offer features that better suit your needs.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions regarding some of the other watch brands. I have ran with Polar, Suunto, Garmin, and Coros and am happy to offer my experiences with them.

Tyler
RW Staff