Best sprint interval apps?

So I know runkeeper is good for long distance stuff.

But I am looking for apps for the following niches:
- interval training
- city running (apps that factor in time spent at traffic lights etc)

Any good apps for this?

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @sureshsGOAT,

I haven't used an app for intervals. Typically, I'll use a Garmin (or GPS watch) for my interval training. In the past, I had used just a standard watch with specifically measured distances (or timed effort).

I will use the Strava app here and there. That is usually because I forgot to charge my GPS. I took a look in the Strava app settings. It does have an Auto pause feature & distance notification for mile or half mile. I don't know if that would work for what you are thinking.

Regarding city running, The entry level Garmin 45 does have an auto pause feature. To be honest, I typically don't rely on my watches auto pause. I know some people that do, but I'm in the habit of starting and stopping my watch by hand.

What kind of intervals are you running?

Justin
RW Staff

I use an app called intervals, if you upgrade to the pro version I believe it is at most $10 a one time charge you can create interval workouts based on time and distance. You can also set up a goal pace so it will let you know to speed up, slow down or in range. It does have an auto pause feature.

Hi @sureshsGOAT,

I haven't used an app for intervals. Typically, I'll use a Garmin (or GPS watch) for my interval training. In the past, I had used just a standard watch with specifically measured distances (or timed effort).

I will use the Strava app here and there. That is usually because I forgot to charge my GPS. I took a look in the Strava app settings. It does have an Auto pause feature & distance notification for mile or half mile. I don't know if that would work for what you are thinking.

Regarding city running, The entry level Garmin 45 does have an auto pause feature. To be honest, I typically don't rely on my watches auto pause. I know some people that do, but I'm in the habit of starting and stopping my watch by hand.

What kind of intervals are you running?

Justin
RW Staff
usually around 100m-300m on hilly city streets