ASICS Official Thread

I was a fan of the asymmetric lacing on the old DS Trainer 15. Will that be brought back in the future?
I loved logging miles in that shoe! We've toyed with different asymm lacing variants through the years... I'll never say never on that specific setup, but no plans in the short term on that particular one. We'll keep it on the table for the future!

crinal2

As someone who has been stocking up on Adidas Tempo 9s, I'm very excited for the Kayano Lite.

I have been interested in the DS Trainer, and with the Kayano Lite coming in at an identical weight, will the DS 26 also be getting lighter?

As someone who has been stocking up on Adidas Tempo 9s, I'm very excited for the Kayano Lite.

I have been interested in the DS Trainer, and with the Kayano Lite coming in at an identical weight, will the DS 26 also be getting lighter?
DS Trainer 26 is being finalized. As we update styles, we're almost always targeting some weight loss. GEL-Kayano Lite will be a softer and more stable ride in that weight range vs DS Trainer's firmer/snappier feel.

ccrw

Hi Bob. I know that the Lite series has had colorful options so far in the Nimbus Lite and the preview for the Kayano Lite, but will there also be some more traditional color ways with less bright colors for the new Kayano Lite and Nimbus Lite 2? Thanks!

Hi Bob. I know that the Lite series has had colorful options so far in the Nimbus Lite and the preview for the Kayano Lite, but will there also be some more traditional color ways with less bright colors for the new Kayano Lite and Nimbus Lite 2? Thanks!
We've definitely looked to use the Lite series to highlight energy through color. We have received requests from runners for more neutral offerings, color wise. More to come in Spring of 2021!

What makes an asics shoe an asics shoe?

In your opinion, what separates asics from other brands? :cool:
Thanks for the great question! I could go pretty deep on this one... I think ASICS' attention to subtle detail within product builds. The level of nuance and refinement that is often not customer facing at the end of the day is second to none, whether it's within materials/durability testing, gender engineering, components, or refining a new technology. Our Institute of Sport Science in Japan is entirely dedicated to research, both academic and applicable to our footwear technology- much of which may not see the light of day, but helps inform subtle changes in our line.

SpeedSlug

Runner
I wish asics had a better return policy. I put about 12 miles on a new pair of novablast and they wouldnt accept the return bc it didnt have tags and not in unused conidition. Learned my lesson purty hard on that one.

RW Staff 2

Administrator
Staff member

srvnvly

Runner
Hi Bob; I’m currently wearing the ASICS GT 2000 7, I do a lot of walking; I need a stability shoe, do you recommend getting the 8s on sale, go for the 9s because of upgrades in the new model, of jump to the Kayan 27 for real stability? Thank you.

Andrew A.

Pacer
Hey Jami! Thanks for chiming in. We're using the Lite series for 2 purposes- test innovations within our legends + push sustainability initiatives at the brand. The learnings on both accounts will then cascade into our longer running flagship shoes. Not saying there will always be both in our line, but for the foreseeable future, there will be- Gel-Nimbus Lite 2 is baked and an exciting story, soon to be unveiled. The team's been working through feedback and sample rounds on the Kayano Lite 2 for next year. Looking forward to you getting some miles in them... I'm sure we'll hear what you think! :)

I used to be a Roadhawk wearer myself, but better stuff has come out of the brand since in that category... Novablast, Evoride, soon- Dynablast.... Even Cumulus 22 is lighter with more cushion than Roadhawk 2, via a big overhaul from our product team!
I go way back with Asics, to the '80s and my favorite of that era the Gel Exult. I would be surprised if anyone else remembers that shoe! At any rate, I've come back to Asics more recently with the original Dynaflyte and mention of the Dynablast has me intrigued! I see it up on Asics.com currently, any word on when RW will get it?

RW Staff 2

Administrator
Staff member
I go way back with Asics, to the '80s and my favorite of that era the Gel Exult. I would be surprised if anyone else remembers that shoe! At any rate, I've come back to Asics more recently with the original Dynaflyte and mention of the Dynablast has me intrigued! I see it up on Asics.com currently, any word on when RW will get it?
We're hoping to have the Dynablast in stock within the next month. You can find our first look below:

Connor
RW Staff

Hi Bob; I’m currently wearing the ASICS GT 2000 7, I do a lot of walking; I need a stability shoe, do you recommend getting the 8s on sale, go for the 9s because of upgrades in the new model, of jump to the Kayan 27 for real stability? Thank you.
Honestly, it depends what you like! GT-2000 8 is pretty consistent with the v7... just a bit more cushioning in the forefoot, so if you enjoyed your current pair, it'll be a nice subtle evolution. GT-2000 9 is an upgrade in overall softness- underfoot + a softer, single layer upper package. GEL-Kayano 27 will be a bit heavier vs the GT, but more cushioning and more stable overall. We classify it as the pinnacle of all around protection.