Are New Balance’s Fuelcell Rebel being discontinued?

I have not seen new balance or any other retailer get new stock of the rebels since September/October. The rebel is my go to trainer; I’d be disappointed if they are no longer in production.

Since you used the Rebels, what mileage did you take them to? I felt the pop went away by 150 miles but were still comfortable and fast to run in.

The Rebel is my favorite shoe for tempo workouts, threshold runs and anything fast. I picked up 2 additional pairs from the first batch and might pick up 2 from the second batch/color ways soon.

Since you used the Rebels, what mileage did you take them to? I felt the pop went away by 150 miles but were still comfortable and fast to run in.

The Rebel is my favorite shoe for tempo workouts, threshold runs and anything fast. I picked up 2 additional pairs from the first batch and might pick up 2 from the second batch/color ways soon.

I can comfortably get 400+ miles out of the shoe. Even though it is lightweight, the rubber is extremely durable. As for the propulsive feeling underfoot, it does tend to fade after 100+ miles but I have not noticed this feeling to be significant enough for me to throw in the towel so to speak. The rebel was a great shoe because it proved that lightweight shoes don’t have to sacrifice durability. I hope they stick with this concept with the V2, and I hope the v1 will still be available once the v2 is released.

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

I do want to officially confirm that the New Balance Rebel v2 is slated to come out in 2021. We have it as an April launch. However, with the challenges in shipping the industry is facing, that date may move. Stay tuned to RW Social and TR message board. We will be putting out more information on the new Rebel soon!
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff