Alpha Fly Sizing vs Next% Sizing

Runners,
I am yet to get my hands on Alpha’s. I currently wear 10.5 on the Next% but even 10 on the Next% fits me a bit snug and little less toe room. Just wanted to check if Next% sizing and Alpha sizing are similar or should we go half size less on Alpha i.e., 10 Alpha vs 10.5 Next. Appreciate any inputs from the owners of both the shoes. Thank you.
Raj

RW Staff 2

Administrator
Staff member
Runners,
I am yet to get my hands on Alpha’s. I currently wear 10.5 on the Next% but even 10 on the Next% fits me a bit snug and little less toe room. Just wanted to check if Next% sizing and Alpha sizing are similar or should we go half size less on Alpha i.e., 10 Alpha vs 10.5 Next. Appreciate any inputs from the owners of both the shoes. Thank you.
Raj
While there can defintely be variance between runners and their personal preferences, I found the Vaporfly Next% and Alphafly fit pretty true to size. The only Vaporfly so far that I had to size up a half size in was the 4% Flyknit. If 10.5 works well for you in the Vaporfly Next %, I think that will be your best bet in the Alphafly as well!

Connor
RW Staff

Just riding the coattails of this question... for the Vaporfly 4%'s I found that I needed to go half a size up from my Pegasus 37's (I wear a 10 in the P37 and a 10.5 in the 4%). I have yet to try either of the Next%s (Vaporfly or Alphafly). Are the sizes comparable between the 4% and Next%?

I am trying to figure where I would land with the Alphafly. I imagine this may also fall into the "personal preference" bucket but it is difficult to gauge when these shoes are impossibly scarce and fairly expensive (but likely worth every penny). I don't need them until June 2021, so I am hoping that I can get to a Nike store before then (assuming things are at least returning to semi-normalcy by then) and kick the tires in person.

Last edited:
I own several (8) Vaporfly Next% and the Vaporfly Flyknit 4%, in which I both wear Mens 10. However, upon purchasing and running in the Alphafly Sz 10, I’ve experienced some minor heel slippage. This is due to the added girth and volume in the toe box, coupled with the shoes innate design that encourages you to run on your forefoot (location of all noticeable wear). Although I’m a forefoot striker with a narrow foot, the added volume projects my foot forward and into the toe box. As such my next purchase will be 9.5 in the Alphafly. I suggest purchasing the same size as your standard Pegasus, due to the dynamic sizing of the Vaporfly, as we’ve all experienced.

Just riding the coattails of this question... for the Vaporfly 4%'s I found that I needed to go half a size up from my Pegasus 37's (I wear a 10 in the P37 and a 10.5 in the 4%). I have yet to try either of the Next%s (Vaporfly or Alphafly). Are the sizes comparable between the 4% and Next%?

I am trying to figure where I would land with the Alphafly. I imagine this may also fall into the "personal preference" bucket but it is difficult to gauge when these shoes are impossibly scarce and fairly expensive (but likely worth every penny). I don't need them until June 2021, so I am hoping that I can get to a Nike store before then (assuming things are at least returning to semi-normalcy by then) and kick the tires in person.
I am US MEN 10.5 in Peg 35 (due to thicker tongue), 10 in Peg 36 and would likely go with 10 for Peg 37. I am also 10.5 in both 4% / Next% and mostly like would go w/ 10.5 on Alphaflys as well. Hope this helps!

I am US MEN 10.5 in Peg 35 (due to thicker tongue), 10 in Peg 36 and would likely go with 10 for Peg 37. I am also 10.5 in both 4% / Next% and mostly like would go w/ 10.5 on Alphaflys as well. Hope this helps!
Have you ran in the Alphafly to make that suggestion?

The 4% fk are slight smaller or more of a snug fit. The vaporfly next% give more room in the toe box are more true to size. The alphafly feel like the flyknits however, putting them on can be a choir. I think there is more room vaporfly next% than the alphafly. They all fit pretty much true to size for me with variations of fit and feel.