Old or Still-Good-to-Use Running Shoes

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering who and/or where you recommend I can donate shoes.

I have 2 pairs of shoes; one that is pretty much brand new with 12 miles on them and one with about 110 miles. They are still in really good shape but they are not gaining traction on some buy/sell platforms. I would love if they went to a HS track team or something. I reached out to some high schools in my area and have had no luck.

I have some Novablasts and Gliderides that id like to pass along.
What sites do you all use? I've tried eBay and Poshmark with no luck.
Any organizations that could benefit from it?

Any further feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the tips.

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Everyone,

I have 2 pairs of shoes; one that is pretty much brand new with 12 miles on them and one with about 110 miles. They are still in really good shape but they are not gaining traction on some buy/sell platforms. I would love if they went to a HS track team or something. I reached out to some high schools in my area and have had no luck.

Hi @SpeedSlug,

Thank you for this question.

There are a few outlets for this. The first that jumps to my mind is Seth DeMoor. He is a YouTube creator, RW affiliate partner, & running influencer. I'm not 100% he is still doing his donation program, but he did have one. Second, is Soles4Soles. However, I do not know much about them.

RW has our own shoe donation program called "QuickStart" which donates lightly used shoes we receive as returns. We donate those to local youth running programs. So, whenever you return lightly worn shoes to us, they will find a good home.

Justin
RW Staff

Hello Everyone,

http://oneworldrunning.com/

I had two pairs of shoes that I bought about five years ago on a flash sale where they were heavily discounted. I wore one of them once and didn't like them. This past summer, I noticed two clothing boxes at the school where I run on a track and dropped them off there. The shoes were in their original boxes with packaging. You could bring them to a Goodwill or Salvation Army as well.