Recent content by RW Staff

1. RW Staff

Let's Talk Heel-Toe Offset

@ChrisMia, great questions regarding heel-toe offset. In regards to it, it is only one of several factors that we take into consideration when making a shoe recommendation. For the most part, it comes down to personal preferences. We typically look at lower drop shoes when customers are looking...
  2. RW Staff

Plantar fasciitis

A coworker here used a foot gym thing at her desk to strengthen her arches. Not only did she stop getting plantar, but she also went down 1/2 a shoe size. She would do a lot of foot rolling and towel grabs. @SpyTheGuy made an excellent recommendation with the Hoka Bondi for plantar fasciitis...
  3. RW Staff

foot pain

Hi @Mikey58, Alternative brands that have been helpful for customers with forefoot pain are Hoka (Clifton and Bondi are top options) and Skechers (Maxroad and Ride 8 Hyper). General characteristics in a shoe that will be beneficial to have are a lower heel-toe drop and extra padding under the...
  4. RW Staff

foot pain

Thanks for your responses @Mikey58. Based on your responses, you might like something with more cushioning under the forefoot and a lower drop. The Cushioning will provide extra protection to the ball of the foot and, the lower drop will reduce the pressure from your body on the forefoot. Shoes...
  5. RW Staff

Plantar fasciitis

Hello, @Joylinn144 I am sorry to hear about the plantar fasciitis. There are several key factors we look at in shoes when it comes to making shoe recommendations. For plantar fasciitis, you want torsionally rigid shoes, offer a bit of stability, and provide a balance of soft yet responsive...
  6. RW Staff

Local Running Clubs

Hi @lovelydayadventureco, There are several local clubs here in SLO. The SLO Distance club, SLO Trail Runners, SLO Roadrunners, Hoka Aggies, and several others throughout the county. I currently run with the Roadrunners, and they recently picked up their training again. They meet every Tuesday...
  7. RW Staff

foot pain

Hi @Mikey58, I have had dull aching in the forefoot. It definitely wasn't fun and made running harder for me. Several issues caused mine, the toe box was too tight, the shoe was too flexible, and not enough cushioning in the forefoot. Regarding your pain, how long have you had it? How old are...
  8. RW Staff

Garmin HRM-Run chest strap not connecting

@Gotta Run I am sorry to hear that it didn't work. Sounds like a replacement is the way to go. Running Warehouse will be carrying the Garmin HRM-Pro! While it's not on our site yet, we just received some inventory of it. If you are interested in placing an order, we would be happy to help...
  9. RW Staff

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing that. I have had a few customers who had gone through the same thing. When I come accross these issues, there are a couple of steps I take: 1. Remove the new battery and let the device sit for about a minute before I place the battery back in...
  10. RW Staff

Hi @Gotta Run, What device are you trying to connect the HRM-Run chest strap to? Tyler RW Staff
  11. RW Staff

The Long Run - what’s your shoe of choice?

I agree with the comments that the Mizuno Wave Rider 24 is a great choice! The Wave Rider 24 has some awesome updates - it is a softer ride, and the upper seems a lot more comfortable than previous models. However, if we are talking about a long recovery runs, I'm voting for the Hoka Bondi 7. I...
  12. RW Staff

Seeking an Altra with a wide midfoot

Hi @CarlsbadOrtho, I am currently trying the Topo Athletic UltraFly 3 as an alternative for longer recovery runs, and love it! Although not a zero drop, the UltraFly 3 with a 5 mm drop feels just like an Altra. The main difference, besides the drop, is that the UltraFly is a minimum...
  13. RW Staff

Local Running Clubs

Thanks for the reply @Andrew A. SLO is a great community to run in. We surprisingly have a big ultramarathon scene here, that I didn't know about until I started working here. I grew up in SLO and lived here until college. At which point I moved to Southern California and then China. After...
  14. RW Staff

Local Running Clubs

@Andrew A. Thanks for sharing! I work in the CA office and where we are at there are several running clubs for runners depending on what people are looking for. We have the SLO trail runners for those who want to focus on trail running, the San Luis Distance Club for those looking for longer...
  15. RW Staff

How to Avoid Bonking in a Marathon

Thanks for sharing your experience @imnothammer! Your first race sounds exactly how the LA marathon went for me. NYC is definitely on my bucket list of races to do. What strategies/nutrition ended up working for you for subsequent marathons? Tyler RW Staff