Plantar fasciitis

Hi! What shoes do you recommend for plantar fasciitis? I need a shoe for walking all day in and a shoe for running about 3 miles daily.

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, @Joylinn144 I am sorry to hear about the plantar fasciitis. There are several key factors we look at in shoes when it comes to making shoe recommendations. For plantar fasciitis, you want torsionally rigid shoes, offer a bit of stability, and provide a balance of soft yet responsive cushioning. Out of curiosity, do you know how your shoes wear underfoot? Does it wear toward the big toe, in the middle, or towards the pinky toe in the forefoot?

Tyler
RW Staff

Tom

JV
I post about this shoe too much in this forum, but I haven’t had plantar issues since I switched to primarily doing milage in the Adidas Boston 8. This shoe has the features Tyler mentioned, besides it being marketed as neutral. I’m not sure if it’s truly neutral. -mid foot supinator

Hello, @Joylinn144 I am sorry to hear about the plantar fasciitis. There are several key factors we look at in shoes when it comes to making shoe recommendations. For plantar fasciitis, you want torsionally rigid shoes, offer a bit of stability, and provide a balance of soft yet responsive cushioning. Out of curiosity, do you know how your shoes wear underfoot? Does it wear toward the big toe, in the middle, or towards the pinky toe in the forefoot?

Tyler
RW Staff
Thank you for quick reply. I think my shoes seem to wear in the middle.

RunTommy!

Varsity
My wife is a ballet dancer. She taught me some simple toe-points and turnout stretches that can help with Plantar Fasciitis. Strengthening your arches will make your running faster and more injury-free. My shoe size also went down a 1/2 size after doing the stretches for a few months, which means I had justification for buying a bunch of new shoes from Running Warehouse. Smaller shoes are also lighter shoes. So it was a win all-around.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

JV
My wife is a ballet dancer. She taught me some simple toe-points and turnout stretches that can help with Plantar Fasciitis. Strengthening your arches will make your running faster and more injury-free. My shoe size also went down a 1/2 size after doing the stretches for a few months, which means I had justification for buying a bunch of new shoes from Running Warehouse. Smaller shoes are also lighter shoes. So it was a win all-around.
I’ve never heard of shoe sizes going down as a result of flexibility. Interesting.

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member

A coworker here used a foot gym thing at her desk to strengthen her arches. Not only did she stop getting plantar, but she also went down 1/2 a shoe size. She would do a lot of foot rolling and towel grabs.

@SpyTheGuy made an excellent recommendation with the Hoka Bondi for plantar fasciitis. It is one of the shoes we recommend daily for that. Other shoes that customers have like are the Brooks Adrenaline and one of the Adidas Solar shoes (both of these have helped me with my plantar fasciitis).

Tyler
RW Staff