Garmin HRM-Run chest strap not connecting

Gotta Run

Runner
Anyone have issues with the Garmin HRM-Run chest strap not connecting? It was working on Monday and it did not work today (Wednesday). I changed the battery and it still doesn't work. I've had it for 15 months. I had another one that stopped working after 3 years of use which seems like a good lifespan. 15 months seems a little short.

Gotta Run

Runner
Hi @Gotta Run, What device are you trying to connect the HRM-Run chest strap to?

Tyler
RW Staff
Tyler,

I'm trying to connect to the Garmin Forerunner 630. I also tried to connect it to a Garmin 735xt. Both watches could not find the device. I read other people have had issues with the HRM-Run after changing the battery.

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member
Tyler,

I'm trying to connect to the Garmin Forerunner 630. I also tried to connect it to a Garmin 735xt. Both watches could not find the device. I read other people have had issues with the HRM-Run after changing the battery.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing that. I have had a few customers who had gone through the same thing. When I come accross these issues, there are a couple of steps I take:

1. Remove the new battery and let the device sit for about a minute before I place the battery back in.
- I have heard some users express success that before placing the battery back into the device, they place it in the device the wrong way (upside down) and then taking it out and placing it correctly. I haven't tried this yet so I am not too sure how well it works.
2. If step one doesn't work, I do a factory reset on the watch. After resetting the watch and setting up all the language and user profile preferences, usually it works.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you continue to have problems or if it works for you! Also if you have any further questions!

Tyler
RW Staff

Gotta Run

Runner
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing that. I have had a few customers who had gone through the same thing. When I come accross these issues, there are a couple of steps I take:

1. Remove the new battery and let the device sit for about a minute before I place the battery back in.
- I have heard some users express success that before placing the battery back into the device, they place it in the device the wrong way (upside down) and then taking it out and placing it correctly. I haven't tried this yet so I am not too sure how well it works.
2. If step one doesn't work, I do a factory reset on the watch. After resetting the watch and setting up all the language and user profile preferences, usually it works.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you continue to have problems or if it works for you! Also if you have any further questions!

Tyler
RW Staff
Tyler,

I've done the battery trick with letting it sit before placing in the new battery and the reverse battery trick but they both didn't work. I've done a power down on the watch but not a full reset.

I just ordered a replacement today from Running Warehouse today.

Gotta Run

Runner
Tyler,

I've done the battery trick with letting it sit before placing in the new battery and the reverse battery trick but they both didn't work. I've done a power down on the watch but not a full reset.

I just ordered a replacement today from Running Warehouse today.

I just did a soft reset and a hard reset on the watch and no luck connecting.

Will Running Warehouse be carrying the Garmin HRM-Pro? I've used the wrist based HRM but it isn't as accurate as the chest strap.

RW Staff

Administrator
Staff member
@Gotta Run

I am sorry to hear that it didn't work. Sounds like a replacement is the way to go.

Running Warehouse will be carrying the Garmin HRM-Pro! While it's not on our site yet, we just received some inventory of it. If you are interested in placing an order, we would be happy to help you. To do that, please call our customer service line at 800-606-9598.

Tyler
RW Staff