Work shoes

Hi, I’m looking for shoes that are good for work. I work 12 hour shifts on concrete and very minimal movement. I have what’s called flexible flat feet and overpronate. I’m looking for something that gives me support and comfort for my long shifts. I’ve tried asics, and Nike.

Joe

Administrator
Staff member
Generally speaking you'd be looking for a stability or motion control shoe if you were running in the shoes, but given you are standing - you still need a stable platform, but one that also adds quite a bit of cushioning. Take a look at the HOKA Bondi, probably the most recommended shoe for people in your situation:

Women's HOKA Bondi: https://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-WRFHOKABOND.html

Men's HOKA Bondi: https://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRFHOKABOND.html

Let us know if you need anything else. Good luck!

Joe

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Lol thank you! Hopefully they will help me

@Mahbee1988,

I'll be the third to recommend the Bondi. This is the go-to for your situation. If you try it and find it doesn't work (how ever unlikely that may be), please feel free to reach out. We are happy to recommend alternatives.
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I will check those out as well! Thank you so much

Hi @Mahbee1988,

Another consideration for the Bondi would be the Bondi SR (Links to Hoka One One here: Men's & Women's). It has a slip resistant outsole and leather upper. We (RW) don't carry it as it isn't, technically, a running shoe. However, we want to make sure you get the best shoe for your needs! The upper won't be as breathable and may be a bit tighter than the running version we carry. Also, I believe the running version is lighter too.
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
What about brooks? I’ve had my hokas about three weeks and they’re still hurting my feet

I'm sorry to hear that, @Mahbee1988. Is there a specific part(s) of your foot/feet that hurt? That may assist us in finding a better solution.

Here are a couple options from Brooks that could may assist:
  • Brooks Beast (Men) or Brooks Ariel (Women)
    • This is an option that people would reach for before there was the Hoka Bondi. It is a high stable shoe with a good amount of cushioning.
  • Brooks Addiction (Men) or (Women)
    • Very similar to the Beast above. It is stable and cushioned. The biggest difference is materials. The Beast has more premium materials throughout.
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

Last edited:
My small toe on right foot goes numb and pain on my 5th metatarsal bone, heels hurt me, I’ve also had some bursitis in my right ankle as well. That’s mostly my issues. And then just the pain of being on them for 12 hours!

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My small toe on right foot goes numb and pain on my 5th metatarsal bone, heels hurt me, I’ve also had some bursitis in my right ankle as well. That’s mostly my issues. And then just the pain of being on them for 12 hours!

Thank you for the follow-up, @Mahbee1988. If you haven't already, I'd recommend seeking out a podiatrist. They should have the expertise to assist with the potential complexity of your situation.

I will note (from my experience) the first two issues your brought up are most commonly associated with incorrect sizing. You may need a large size in length and/or width to help relieve some pressure on your feet.

The pain in your heel may be due to Plantar Fasciitis. I cannot say for certain though. Typically, if I knew you had PF, I'd recommend looking into a stabilizing insole to help support your Plantar.

I hope that helps.
Thank you,

Justin
RW Staff

Thank you for the reply! I’ve been seeing a podiatrist since January. Hasn’t helped.. i bought some Brooks Ariels yesterday and this is the first time since I’ve started my job that my feet aren’t hurting me by lunch!

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the reply! I’ve been seeing a podiatrist since January. Hasn’t helped.. i bought some Brooks Ariels yesterday and this is the first time since I’ve started my job that my feet aren’t hurting me by lunch!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! We hope it continues like that.
Have a great day,

Justin
RW Staff