Puma Running

JJruns22

Runner
I heard they will be revamping some of their products for 2021!

The Puma Deviate Nitro is available in Europe now and should release here in the states in early 2021 I believe. A new foam compound (Nitro Foam) and a carbon plate to add into the mix of Carbon Plated options.

Just something I'm excited about! Ya'll already have a great selection and the best customer service in the industry!

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I heard they will be revamping some of their products for 2021!

The Puma Deviate Nitro is available in Europe now and should release here in the states in early 2021 I believe. A new foam compound (Nitro Foam) and a carbon plate to add into the mix of Carbon Plated options.

Just something I'm excited about! Ya'll already have a great selection and the best customer service in the industry!

@JJruns22,

Welcome to the TR Community!

Thank you for the request. We will definitely look into the new Puma Running line. The Deviate Nitro does sound interesting. If you get a chance to try it, please let us know your thoughts.

Thank you, @JJruns22.

Justin
RW Staff

JJruns22

Runner
I appreciate the warm welcome Justin! I've been a part of the Tennis Warehouse message boards for a while and I'm thrilled ya'll have launched this platform for the running side of things! I also really enjoyed the RW blogs in the past (especially the ones that gave first looks/sneak peaks of future shoes), which I know ya'll still do, but in the form of videos.

I will certainly keep ya'll posted if I get my hands on a pair. Very curious and excited to see what else Puma Running has in the works for 2021.

Cheers!

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the warm welcome Justin! I've been a part of the Tennis Warehouse message boards for a while and I'm thrilled ya'll have launched this platform for the running side of things! I also really enjoyed the RW blogs in the past (especially the ones that gave first looks/sneak peaks of future shoes), which I know ya'll still do, but in the form of videos.

I will certainly keep ya'll posted if I get my hands on a pair. Very curious and excited to see what else Puma Running has in the works for 2021.

Cheers!

That is awesome! Excited to have you join us too.

Quick question, do you prefer the write-ups to the videos? Just curious.

Justin
RW Staff

JJruns22

Runner
I'm a little more old school and I do really enjoy the write-ups with the technology and photos all together.
I think the videos enhanced and complimented the write-ups really well.

Don't get me wrong- the videos are great and they get the job done. I love hearing the reviews done by RW and the first impressions.
Ya'll always give the people what we want and need!

RW Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a little more old school and I do really enjoy the write-ups with the technology and photos all together.
I think the videos enhanced and complimented the write-ups really well.

Don't get me wrong- the videos are great and they get the job done. I love hearing the reviews done by RW and the first impressions.
Ya'll always give the people what we want and need!
Thanks for the feedback, @JJruns22!

I'll make sure it gets to our Web C department.

Justin
RW Staff

I'm excited to see what will come from Puma this year as well! They've sponsored track greats like Bolt and Warholm and offer good sprint spikes from what I've heard, but it never seemed like they put a large emphasis on distance training/racing shoes, at least in recent years. However, it sounds like Puma may be starting a professional distance team in the US within the coming months so it wouldn't be a surprise to see them release some great running-specific shoes in 2021.

JJruns22

Runner
I'm excited to see what will come from Puma this year as well! They've sponsored track greats like Bolt and Warholm and offer good sprint spikes from what I've heard, but it never seemed like they put a large emphasis on distance training/racing shoes, at least in recent years. However, it sounds like Puma may be starting a professional distance team in the US within the coming months so it wouldn't be a surprise to see them release some great running-specific shoes in 2021.

Yes, they've always had a very solid selection for track and field footwear and gear as well as a very talented athlete team. They've had some of the world's best and I'm very excited for the future of the brand! The Puma Ultraride was a great faster/tempo day option released this year and the release of the Puma Deviate Nitro in March of this year should carry a lot of momentum for the brand. Word on the street is that Molly Seidel has signed with Puma as well! They are certainly continuing to move #ForeverFaster just like their brand slogan!

Yes, they've always had a very solid selection for track and field footwear and gear as well as a very talented athlete team. They've had some of the world's best and I'm very excited for the future of the brand! The Puma Ultraride was a great faster/tempo day option released this year and the release of the Puma Deviate Nitro in March of this year should carry a lot of momentum for the brand. Word on the street is that Molly Seidel has signed with Puma as well! They are certainly continuing to move #ForeverFaster just like their brand slogan!
Yeah I saw someone posted that Molly is expected to sign with Puma. I have never tried any Puma running shoes but I am interested. They have been getting a lot of hype lately.

JJruns22

Runner
Yeah I saw someone posted that Molly is expected to sign with Puma. I have never tried any Puma running shoes but I am interested. They have been getting a lot of hype lately.
New foam, new models releasing, some new additions to their athlete team- definitely creating waves across the board.

They've also been creating a lot of great performance basketball models with midsoles featuring Pebax for some great energy return (Clyde All-Pro). So I'm very curious to see what that looks like for their future running shoe silhouettes with regards to midsole cushioning setups. Some of their recent athlete sponsorships include LaMelo Ball for basketball and Neymar for soccer. There's a lot happening with the brand as they continue to move Forever Faster!

Last edited:

imnothammer

The Doctors of Running have reviewed a few of the new Puma shoes. This one sounds great.

https://www.doctorsofrunning.com/2021/03/puma-deviate-nitro-elite-multiple.html

Thanks for sharing this review. I was most interested to see their thoughts on Puma's Nitro Elite foam because, for me, foam is what makes the "super shoe". I absolute love my Saucony Endorphin Pro's but they feel like a fantastic pair of shoes and not a fantastic pair of super shoes. Saucony's PWRRUN PB is incredibly light but it has virtually no bounce. I also love my Vaporfly 4%'s and those are so bouncy they feel like moon shoes - even still I wouldn't consider ZoomX to be uncontrolled (as the article somewhat ribs at Nike).

That said, I am really excited to hear the reviewers' comments that Puma's foam is closer to ZoomX (they refer to it as much bouncier than Saucony but more controlled than Nike). There's a lot of high praise in this review and I hope I will get a chance to test these out at some point!

JJruns22

Runner
Thanks for sharing the link to some more reviews.

I've been able to test out the Puma Deviate NITRO and I'll say the foam reminds me of the Skechers Hyperburst, but not quite as soft with a bit more of a bounce to them. The foam is light, bouncy, and snappy. A pretty fun running experience, but my main issue has been the upper and heel area. For me it was tough to get a good heel lockdown and for the first time my Achilles took a hit pretty seriously..... Never had that issue, but after some time to recover things were better, but it's definitely something that made the experience a bit tougher. For me both Skechers and Puma's foams are fun, but I've had a tough time with the uppers/fit. The shoe does do well when it comes to picking up the pace though and the Puma Grip outsole is durable and very grippy. Definitely an exciting re-entry for the brand back into the Performance Running market.