Running Warehouse Message Board

Go Back   Running Warehouse Message Board > Competitive Training and Racing Tips
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 PM

Default running magazine advertisement on epo-boost

Hi I have a question about this article I read on Running times magazine in the april 2012 issue 395.
There is an advertisement in the science and nutrition page about a supplement called Epo-boost. It talks about its all natural ingredients to help an athlete get stronger and faster by increasing their red blood cells. It is a legal substance that seems safe but I would like to know your opinion on it please! the website for the product is epoboost.com and it provides all info on the product. I had many people tell me its safe, some said its not and that it can have side effects, and it could also just not do anything at all. What is your take on it? Please let me know because I am considering buying this product and your opinion really matters to me. thank you!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Why risk using this stuff? Maybe it's "legal" but it's not right and it could cause harm down the road.

Joe
Old 03-31-2012, 12:18 AM

oh okay thank you Joe. But I always thought that most professional athletes take some kind of supplement that helps them get stronger and faster.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Administrator

By and large they train hard and consistently over a very long period of time to get better. They do more each year, they stay healthy, they race consistently, they eat properly, they follow a proven plan to success.

Supplements will not replace hard work and eating right over many, many seasons as the best route to long term improvement.

Joe